To create substantiated observations, all you need to do is:
- In the “Pencil” icon, select the option “Observation”
- Choose who you observed
To create rich observation records, you can:
- Add a title
- Add photos, videos or documents by selecting on your folder or simply dragging them
- Add new “sub-titles” and new descriptions to create, for example, captions for your photos
- Decide if parents can see the observation (Parents can see: Yes/No)
- Add curriculum tags to your observation
- Define next steps
- Create individual observations, for multiple children, or for the whole group
- Copy an observation from a child to another
- Rearrange the position of the elements (description, attachments, titles) in the arrows available in the upper right corner
Once you finish your observation, simply click “Save” and you’re done! :-)
Don’t forget that you can save your observation as “draft” and finish it or change it later (check this article).
It’s as if ChildDiary is giving you the “old” card sheets where you can stick your photos, videos, audios and write in multiple places!